Tech Tips: Who does not know, smartphone and computer work is not the same! Yes, some basic apps are present in both, but ultimately each smartphone and computer system function has different advantages. The work of the two instruments is really different! We usually do things like calling, chatting, social media scrolling etc from phone, although all these work can be done on laptop too, but laptop is usually used for official work.
However, mobile phones also have systems that can currently be used to control laptops from phones. So now let’s find out how to control the laptop from the smartphone with the help of various apps, then you can leave the laptop at home and go out on the road, if necessary, you can do important work, which you could not even think of doing without the laptop!
1. TeamViewer: This app is a must for users who are looking for an all-in-one remote control option. Computers and mobile devices can be accessed quickly and securely from this application. It helps to access any system remotely, provide online support to customers, manage computers or servers across different platforms. It is available for free once for personal use.
Method of use-
- First, install TeamViewer on your Android phone from the Google Play Store and launch it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
- Install TeamViewer.exe and launch it.
- The app will generate a user ID for the device.
- This ID should be reserved for ‘Partner ID’.
- This time, the laptop can be accessed from the smartphone only when the two devices are connected wirelessly.
2. Unified Remote: Unified Remote is one of the go-to apps when it comes to controlling laptops from Android devices. It can also control the desktop remotely using Bluetooth or WiFi. It has more than 90 pre-loaded programs, users can select any program according to their needs. Users can also download its server-side desktop program and it also supports Windows, Linux.
Method of use-
After downloading and installing the Unified Remote server on the computer, it should be launched.
The Android phone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the computer, if the computer is Bluetooth ready, it must be connected to the phone.
Unified Remote must be downloaded and installed from Play Store and launched. A new server needs to be added by confirming whether the server is installed or not. Now select ‘Automatic’ option and the app will find the computer itself. Select the computer name to add the connection.
Now the work of controlling the user’s computer from the phone is ready
3. Chrome Remote Desktop: One of Google’s best products, Chrome Remote lets you control it from anywhere using a desktop phone or any other computer. However, the user must have a Google ID to use the remote sharing features.
Chrome Remote Desktop allows live screen sharing and helps in faster performance. With this the Android device can be used as a mouse. With the help of this, the user can control the computer through screen touch. This free remote control app comes with an easy setup settings and simple interface. For this one must first install the Chrome Remote Desktop app from the Play Store. Then follow the following procedure-
Method of use-
The user needs to open the Chrome Remote Desktop app on the Android phone or tablet. If the user does not have the phone, it can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- Now tap on the computer that the user wants to access from the list.
- The user can then control the computer in two different modes. Tap on the toolbar icon to switch between modes.
- To work with the virtual mouse pointer, press gently in trackpad mode.
- Tap in touch mode to work with tap. That’s it! Now users can access their computer as they wish!